- CEVT Lab, China
- EFBE Lab, Pruftechnik GmbH, Germany
- Light Electric Vehicle Association (LEVA), U.S.A.
- KBTC Lab, China
- ABIMOTA Lab, Portugal
Joint declaration envisages:
- Exchange of information pertaining to new developments / trends in the bicycle industry.
- Discussion and information sharing pertaining to execution of existing and new types of tests and standards for the bicycle industry
- Inter Lab comparison of test results to verify proficiency of testing, as applicable and necessary for both organizations
B. Technical Workshops Held:-
Workshops on ‘Patents and IPR’, ‘Standards for bicycle and its components’, ‘Bicycle design’, ‘E-Bike’ & Hands-on-training in the field of Testing of Batteries (Battery analyser test, Soldering and Wire Connectors) and exposure to the testing of Motors & Controllers, Material Behaviour and Failure Analysis with Hand on training on Bicycle Assembly and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) for Bicycles conducted by International Experts at R&D Centre for strengthening the capabilities and capacity building of R&D Centre, AICMA and UCPMA (to major bicycle industry associations)
C) International (02) / National (01) Fellowship Trainings
Fellowship Trainings by International Experts – 03 (02 International & 01 National)
- Bicycle Frame Building at Bicycle Academy, U.K. (01 to 12 Oct 18)
- Bicycles Testing at EFBE Lab Germany (24 Feb to 09 Mar 19)
- Electric Bicycles at R & D Centre for Bicycle & Sewing Machine (18 Feb to 01 Mar 19)
Outcomes / Expected Outcomes envisaged in near future in the fields of
a) E-Bike Testing
- 12 LEVA Certified Engineers from R & D Centre and 10 From Industry
- Joint declaration signed with LEVA USA
- 05 Years strategic plan for setting up of the advance testing facility of e-bicycle at R & D Centre has been submitted by LEVA
- The basic test facility for testing of Batteries, Motor and Controllers for e-bicycle has been set up at R & D Centre that intends to give a boost to electric mobility in the country to cut petroleum imports and combat air pollution.
- Industry work force can be trained in the basic testing of battery, motor and controllers as per LEVA curriculum
- With the setting up of the facility of Motor Testing, manufacturing of motors can be started in India at affordable cost thereby promoting the manufacturing of e-bicycle in India
b) Bicycle Testing
- Joint declaration signed with EFBE Germany for Inter Lab comparison / validation of Test Results as per ISO 4210 Part 1 to 9
- The trainees have honed their skills by exposure to the best practices being adopted at EFBE Lab in Germany. The trainees have gained proficiency in mechanical testing of the Bicycle & major sub-assemblies as per International Standards ISO 4210 Part 1 to 9 which includes Dynamic / Fatigue testing, Static Load / Torque testing and Impact testing of Aluminum Alloy & Carbon Fibre Bicycle Parts. The leading exporters were contacted / mobilized to avail the facility
- The process has been initiated to adopt ISO 4210 Part 1 to 9 as National Standard IS:10613 Cycles – Safety requirements for Bicycles which shall upgrade the quality of the Indian bicycle as per International Standard thereby boosting the exports to Europe and other countries
c) Bicycle Frame Building
- Advance welding shop for conducting welding courses for skilling / up-skilling of the welders engaged in the Frame Fork Welding employing various welding techniques. The proposal is already approved in principle in the 61st G.C. meeting.
- Also employees from the industry shall get specialized trainings on brazing and welding of bicycle frames and other parts.
- R&D Centre shall manufacture welding and other fixtures for bicycle industry.
- A special course can be initiated on bicycle assembly using fixtures.
- Specialized course in bicycle design shall be started where students can learn bicycle design using software like Bike CAD Pro and after designing the components can be simulated on softwares like Hyper works, ANSYS, MSC Nastran, Abaqus etc.
- To establish test facilities for new raw materials, products in compliance to National / International Standards and safety norms related to Health & Environment.
- Reflector Test facility has been set up in R & D Centre duly accredited with NABL as per ISO 17025
- Under objective & requirement of REACH & ROHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) compliance, impose stringent requirements as per European & US Norms, it was proposed to setup this facility at R & D Centre. The following equipments are in process of installation
- GCMS, EDXRF, UV-Visible Spectrophotometer
- Spectrometer (Under procurement)